Green%20Stripe%204_edited.png

Langhe Chardonnay DOC

2015

Mario Giribaldi

Rodello, Piedmont, Italy

"This Chardonnay comes from the vineyard- “Campo del Pero” which is 0,98 hectares ,with a South-West exposure on Marl- Calcareous soil, rich in calcium carbonate and permeable, in a hilly area at 460 meters above sea level, situated in the comune of Rodello, belonging to the agricultural farm Mario Giribaldi.

The vineyards are composed exclusively of Chardonnay with French cloning material. The training system is modified Casarsa with 4.500 vines per hectare.

The wine making process foresees a soft pressing of the grapes and a cold decanting of the must for 24 hours; thereafter 30% of the must undergoes a temperature controlled fermentation, between 18-20°C for a duration of 30 days followed by a rest on its own yeasts for 80 days; whereas the remaining 70% of the must is fermented in new wooden barrels, French oak of 225 liters, and after 90 days it is then added to the other 30%, and then refined in the bottle for 6 months.

Straw yellow in colour with green reflexes, a floral perfume with clean hints of pineapple, vanilla, and sage. In the mouth it is fresh, lively, a great structure with notes of exotic fruit (passion flower) and a slight exotic aftertaste."

An excellent aperitif which pairs well not only with fish starters and shell fish but also with all meats and delicate cheeses.

Serving temperature: 14°C

Producer

"The Mario Giribaldi farm was born at the beginning of the 20th century and has been going on for three generations. Those were difficult times then and agriculture was not only one of the rare sources of livelihood but also a source of pride for those links with a land that made people suffer, but people were used to sacrifice themselves for the land. 

Today, following the example of tradition and for the love of a real and living thing like wine, Mario Giribaldi continue the discourse started by his fathers and even earlier by his grandparents, with the same will and passion. Giribaldi is a family business not only because they represent the third generation of a family that for years has dedicated itself to the cultivation of their land, but above all because today they are a great FAMILY of ten people who every day, proudly and together, share the passion for own work. 

How much does the quality of the wine depend on the work in the question that’s often heard. It is difficult to quantify and define the importance of one and the other work. Surely everything starts from the vineyard and therefore from the choice of location, from the search for the best plant for that type of subsoil and attention and knowledge, where everything comes from experience rather than from books. The cellar processes are the traditional ones, with a focus on respect for tradition and therefore of the experience handed down and with the use of modern machinery that is able to respect and better preserve the quality of the grapes."

You might be interested in

Barbaresco DOCG 2017.png

Barbaresco DOCG

Mario Giribaldi 

2017

Langhe Arneis DOC.png


Langhe Arneis DOC

Mario Giribaldi

2019

Barbera D'Alba DOC Superiore CAJ 2017.png

Barbera D'Alba DOC Superiore CAJ

Mario Giribaldi 

2017

Langhe Rosso DOC _Dame & Fuet_ 2018.png

Langhe Rosso DOC "Dame & Fuet"

Mario Giribaldi

2018

Barolo DOCG 2015 Giribaldi.png

Barolo DOCG

Mario Giribaldi

2015

Langhe Chardonnay DOC 2015.png


Langhe Chardonnay DOC

Mario Giribaldi

2015